APPLICATION - IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Thank you for contacting us! We are not accepting applications for emergency rent or utilities at this time. We are still accepting applications for TOP Services (Transition Out Of Poverty Services) GED, Higher Education, and Daycare. Please check back with us, and hopefully we will be able to assist you.
Thank you again.
Gracias por ponerse en contacto con nosotros! No estamos aceptando solicitudes de alquiler de emergencia o servicios públicos en este momento. Todavía estamos aceptando solicitudes para TOP Services (Transition Out Of Poverty Services) GED, Educación Superior y Guardería. Por favor, vuelva con nosotros, y esperamos que poder ayudarle. Gracias de nuevo.
Empleados de GCCAC
If you live in our 4-county area, and are in need of financial assistance with rent, utility bills and more, you can apply online; or print the application, fill out, and mail, scan, or fax in; pick up an application form at any of our locations or call and request that one be sent to you by mail.
Important – ***Scanned documents required!
In order to complete your application and receive services, the following scanned documentation is required.
Documents can be scanned using a desk scanner, or taking clear pictures of the documents with a phone or tablet.
The following documents are needed to process your service request:
1. Proof of any current income earned or received in the past 30 days for all household members. This proof can include:
• Current check stubs for the past 30 days. (Do not scan W2 tax forms.)
• Award letters (TANF, SSI, Social Security, child support printout, etc.) for the current year.
• Unemployment documentation, etc.
2. If no income has been earned or received, household members age 18 and older must complete:
• A Declaration of Income statement for all members of the household
3. Picture ID for everyone 18 and older.
4. Current utility bills (front and back sides) and any disconnection notices for electric, gas, or water. The account
must be active/not disconnected.
5. Current food stamp documentation, if applicable.
6. Lease agreement
*Applications will not be processed without required documents listed above. Due to increased volume of applications,
please allow up to 15 business days from the date of application for processing.
Eligibility Requirements for All Programs:
• Participants must be a resident of Galveston, Fort Bend, Brazoria or Wharton County. Some assistance is
only available in certain cities in Galveston County.
• Programs require participants to be at a specific level of household income according to the Federal Income Guidelines.
• Participants will be required to provide the following documents:
Proof of household income for all adults 18 and older
Current utility bill
Proof of residence
Lease agreement (For rental assistance)
*Depending upon the number of requests, funding for some programs may be limited or unavailable.