Board Meeting, Tues., March 22nd
Galveston County Community Action Council, Inc.
Amos Sowell Telephone (409) 765-7878
Board President Fax Number (409) 765-9951
4700 Broadway Suite C109
Robert Quintero P.O. Box 3206
Executive Director Galveston, Texas 77552
TO: Board of Directors Members
FROM: Amos Sowell, Board President
DATE: March 17, 2022
RE: Board of Directors Regular Teleconference Meeting
NOTICE OF BOARD REGULAR TELECONFERENCE MEETING
In accordance with order of the Office of the Governor issued March 16, 2020, the Galveston County Community Action Council, Inc. Board of Directors will conduct its meeting scheduled for Tuesday, March 22, 2022 at 1:00 p.m. by telephone and video conference in order to advance the public health goal of limiting face-to-face meetings to slow the spread of the Coronavirus/COVID-19.
THERE WILL BE NO PUBLIC ACCESS TO THE GCCAC OFFICE DURING THE MEETING. The public will be permitted to offer public comments telephonically as provided below and as permitted by the Board President during the meeting. A recording of the telephonic meeting will be made, and will be available to the public in accordance with the Open Meetings Act upon written request.
Robert Quintero is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting. Topic: GCCAC Regular Board Meeting Date/Time: March 22, 2022 1:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82042124181?pwd=ZE8vWHJEZkRYaXZzS0RicjRMMEFLQT09
Meeting ID: 820 4212 4181 Passcode: 145600
One tap mobile +13462487799,,82042124181#,,,,*145600# US (Houston)
Dial by your location +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
Find your local number https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kc1CxPb0os
If you require accommodation to participate in this meeting, contact Rosalyn Preacher at
409-765-7878 or Rosalyn.firstname.lastname@example.org at least 48 hours prior to the meeting start time.
During the course of the meeting, the Board may consider agenda items in any order at any time in Executive Session for the purpose allowed under the Texas Open Meetings Act.
The agenda for this meeting and the subjects to be discussed or considered, upon which formal action may be taken, are as follows:
1. Call Meeting to Order
2. Roll Call / Establishment of Quorum
3. Invocation – Appointee
4. THE PROMISE OF COMMUNITY ACTION
Community Action changes People’s lives, embodies the spirit of hope, improves communities, and makes America a better place to live. We care about the entire community and we are dedicated to helping people help themselves and each other. As a Community Action, we will embody the very attitude of being a
servant to the people.
5. Seating of New Board Member: Mark Castillo, Wharton County Public Representative
6. Declaration of Conflict of Interest
7. Comments from audience regarding agenda and/or non-agenda items (2-minute limit)
8. Approval of Board Meeting Minutes of February 22, 2022
9. THDCA Board Training: via Video and Discussion Guide: CAPLAW: All a-Board Series
10. Consider Reports
a. President’s Remarks
b. Executive Director’s Report
11. Program Reports – Presentation, Discussion and Action
a. Human Resource – Robert Quintero, Executive Director
b. Crime Victims Services – Carol Freeman, CVS Advocate
c. Neighborhood Services Report – Dr. Sonia Boone, Director
d. Finance Report
12. Action Items – Discussion and Possible Action
a. Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts: Mileage Reimbursement Rates
13. Executive Session: The GCCAC reserves the right to adjourn into Executive Session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any matters listed on the agenda, as authorized by the Texas Government Code, including, but not limited to, Sections 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney), 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts and Donations), 551.074 (Personnel Matters), and 551.076 (Deliberations about Security Devices, 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney), 551.074 (Personnel Matters), Cost of Living Adjustments (COLA)
14. Reconvene to open session to consider action, if any, on Executive Session items
15. Next Regular Board Meeting date
CERTIFICATE AS TO POSTING OR GIVING OF NOTICE
On this 17th day of March 2022 at 4:00 p.m. this notice was posted in the entrance to Galveston Community Center, 4700 Broadway, Galveston, Texas 77551 at a place convenient to the public and readily accessible to the general public at all times.
Administrative Assistant, GCCAC